Netgear EX7700 Setup
There are two easy ways to configure the Netgear EX7700 WiFi range extender:
The first way is using the manual method and the second way is using the WPS method. According to your comfort, you can use any one of the mentioned methods to set up your Netgear EX7700 WiFi mesh extender.
Netgear EX7700 Setup | Manual Method
For the Netgear EX7700 extender setup using the manual method, follow the instructions outlined underneath:
- Step 1: First things first, turn on your Netgear EX7700 WiFi range extender.
- Step 2: Ensure to place your WiFi mesh extender within reach of your existing router.
- Step 3: Plug your Netgear EX7700 into a working electrical outlet.
- Step 4: Wait for the power LED on your Netgear EX7700 device to become green and stable.
- Step 5: Connect your existing router and the Netgear extender.
- Step 6: Open a web browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Step 7: Enter mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the URL bar.
- Step 8: New extender setup page displays.
- Step 9: When prompted, enter the Netgear extender’s default login username and password into the required fields and click Log In.
- Step 10: Follow the on-screen Netgear EX7700 setup instructions.
- Step 11: Unplug your Netgear EX7700 and move it to the location of your choice.
Congrats! You are now ready to stream online videos, play online games, shop online, pay bills online, etc. from any corner of your house.
That’s how you can perform the Netgear EX7700 extender setup using the manual method.
Netgear EX7700 Setup | WPS Method
- Step 1: Turn on your Netgear EX7700 device.
- Step 2: Place the extender closer to your main router.
- Step 3: Plug the Netgear EX7700 device in.
- Step 4: Locate the WPS button on your Netgear EX7700 extender.
- Step 5: Once found, press it gently and wait for a couple of minutes.
- Step 6: Press the WPS button on your main router.
- Step 7: The Link status LED on your Netgear EX7700 extender will become white. It indicates that the WPS connection between your Netgear device and router is successful.
- Step 8: Unplug the extender and move it to a new location that must be halfway between your existing router and the area without WiFi.
Troubleshooting Netgear EX7700 Setup Issues
If you are facing issues while setting up your Netgear EX7700 extender, then given-below are the troubleshooting tips that are supposed to be followed:
- Make sure that your router and Netgear EX7700 extender are properly connected.
- Ensure that your router and the Netgear device are getting an uninterrupted power supply from their respective wall outlets.
- There shouldn’t be any interference-creating WiFi devices/obstructions placed in the path of your Netgear extender and router.
- If you are configuring your Netgear extender using the WPS method, make sure that your main router has the WPS button on it.
- For a successful Netgear extender installation using the manual method, make sure that you are using the correct login details to reach the new extender setup page. Moreover, make sure that you are not committing typing errors while entering mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
Even after following the troubleshooting tips highlighted above, if you are still unable to perform the Netgear extender setup, then power cycling can save you from these hassles. Sometimes, a technical glitch in the Netgear EX7700 device can prevent you from configuring it.
Netgear EX7700 Power Cycle Process
- Step 1: First and foremost, disconnect your Netgear EX7700 device from your main router.
- Step 2: Unplug the extender and wait for some time.
- Step 3: Thereafter, plug the extender back in.
- Step 4: Reconnect your Netgear EX7700 extender and router.
- Step 5: Perform the Netgear EX7700 setup again using the WPS method.
That’s it! Your Netgear EX7700 WiFi mesh extender is now configured after power cycling (rebooting) it. In case, you are still not able to complete the Netgear EX7700 setup process, feel free to contact our professionals.