Netgear WN2000RPT Setup
WN2000RPT is a universal WiFi range extender brought in by Netgear that connects with b/g/n routers or gateway from other brands to improve the home network coverage. But, connecting the extender to the gateway is just a part of Netgear WN2000RPT setup. There’s a lot more that you need to do to make this device up and running. What’s that? This guide will reveal everything.
Netgear WN2000RPT Extender Features
Let’s first talk about the features of the WN2000RPT range extender that will make your digital journey much more interesting than ever:
- Compatible with all wireless routers and access points
- Works with every security standard (WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, and mixed code)
- Push ‘N’ Connect feature to provide internet access on WPS-enabled devices
- A user-friendly graphical user interface to manage various settings of the extender
- Dynamic LEDs reveal the connection strength of the existing network and much more
- Roam anywhere in the house without losing access to a super-fast internet connection
- 4 Ethernet ports as a bonus feature to provide internet access on gaming consoles and Blu-ray players
Are you now aware of the features of a Netgear WN2000RPT extender? If yes, then walk through the next sections and learn how to do Netgear extender setup using various methods.
Netgear WN2000RPT Setup | WPS Method
The WPS method of installing a WN2000RPT range extender is the easiest one. The reason being, the Push ‘N’ Connect feature. In simple words, you only have to push a button located on the body of your extender. Read the following steps and learn how to proceed with the Netgear WN2000RPT setup using the WPS method:
- If you haven’t unboxed your Netgear device, do it right now.
- Thereafter, connect it to a power outlet near the main gateway (router).
- Power up your Netgear WN2000RPT extender and the main router.
- Are the lights on your devices solid? If yes, then move to the next step.
- Find and push the “WPS” button on your WN2000RPT device.
- You are required to do the same with your main gateway or router.
- The Netgear WN2000RPT setup process will get completed.
This is how you can install your Netgear WN2000RPT with the help of the WPS approach. If there’s something that is stopping you from getting success with the setup process, you can get in touch with our technical staff for instant help.
Netgear WN2000RPT Setup | Nighthawk App
The WPS method is not the only method that can be used to install a Netgear WN2000RPT extender. Apart from this method, you can also make use of the Nighthawk application and web-based GUI of the extender to set it up. The instructions highlighted below will make you learn how to program your device with the help of the Nighthawk mobile app:
- Power up your Netgear WN2000RPT extender and main gateway using working wall outlets.
- The second step is to create a wired or wireless connection between them.
- Get to the app store of your mobile phone followed by its unlocking.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and download the latest version of the same.
- Has the app been installed properly on your mobile phone? If yes, launch it.
- You are now supposed to create a Netgear account using the required information.
- Input the Netgear WN2000RPT extender’s default credentials on the next screen.
- As soon as you tap “Log In”, you will see the Netgear WN2000RPT setup wizard.
- Here, you will also see a few on-screen prompts. Follow them to complete the setup process.
That’s how you can put the Nighthawk mobile application to use to set up your Netgear WN2000RPT extender. Now as we saidthat you can also use the web GUI of the extender to set it up, the upcoming section will reveal the setup instructions via the same.
Netgear WN2000RPT Setup | Web GUI
The web GUI of the WN2000RPT range extender can be accessed via the mywifiext.net URL. Here’s what you need to do to make your device up and running:
- The first two steps of WN2000RPT setup via web GUI are as same as that of the Nighthawk mobile app.
- Thereafter, switch on your laptop or a computer that is running on an upgraded software version.
- Load a web browser that is already installed on your PC. Some commonly used browsers are Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.
- Pay attention to the address field and click there.
- After that, insert the default web URL of the Netgear WN2000RPT extender there and hit the Enter key.
- The admin window of your wireless range extender will reveal itself.
- Now, without committing any typing mistakes, key in the default values of the extender’s username and password.
- Click Log In and wait for the WN2000RPT extender’s BASIC Home screen to appear.
- Once you reach there, consider giving a shot at the instructions appearing on the screen.
In this manner, you can get the Netgear WN2000RPT setup success with the help of the web GUI. However, if you come across the mywifiext.net not working message during the extender’s installation, you are free to make use of the 192.168.1.250 IP address as a substitute for the default URL.
As soon as you’re done with the Netgear WN2000RPT setup process, your next job will be to ensure the extender’s streamlined performance and security. Do you know what you can do? Well, you need to
- Change the WN2000RPT extender’s admin password
- Upgrade the extender’s firmware to the newest version
- Customize the network key (WiFi password)
- Create a guest network
- And, set up a static IP
Are you aware of the steps to make the aforementioned amends? No? Worry not! What are our experts for? Contact them and get a solution to any problem related to the Netgear extender in minutes.