Netgear EAX12 Setup
Are you looking for an easy-to-perform Netgear EAX 12 setup procedure? Well, don’t worry because your search ends here. In this write-up, we are going to tell you a step-by-step procedure through which you will easily configure your Netgear extender via mywifiext.net.
Well, to your knowledge Netgear is one of the most impeccable multinational networking device companies. It manufactures high-quality extenders, modems, and routers. Netgear introduces the new extenders every year and the installation of the extenders is very easy. Moreover, we have made it easier for you as we giving the steps for extender setup. Plus, we will also cover some of the major issues that users usually experience during the Netgear EAX12 setup and how you can avoid them to get a smooth and streamlined setup process. So, without further ado let’s start the process!
Requirements for Netgear EAX12 Setup
Before we dive into the procedure to install the extender we would like you to go through requirements first that will you need during the process.
- Non-damaged and working wall outlet.
- Suitable location for extender near the router.
- The Internet should be working at high-speed.
- Quality Ethernet cable.
- Computer or laptop.
- The default web address of the extender.
- Keep default admin details in mind.
Thus, these were some of the essentials that you need to arrange before initiating the Netgear EAX12 setup procedure. Now, you are all set to commence with the installation process that is given in the next section.
Methods to Configure Netgear EAX12
There are two most useful and effective configuration procedures. Below we give a brief introduction of them:
Web Interface: In this procedure, you need to access the mywifiext.net default web address and IP 192.168.1.250 of Netgear EAX12 to perform the setup.
WPS Button: Wireless protected setup (WPS) is one of the easiest methods to install the Netgear extender. You just need to press the WPS button to configure the extender.
This is a brief introduction to two methods that will Netgear users use mostly. If you want to know more about the methods in detail then move to the next section.
- Initially, unbox the Netgear extender properly.
- Plug the extender into the working outlet which supplies fluctuation-free power.
- Press the start button to boot up the device.
- Thereafter, take an Ethernet cable and connect the extender to the router.
- Now, switch on the computer or laptop and launch the updated internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser insert the default IP address 192.168.1.250 or web address mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, you will redirect to the login panel of the extender.
- On this page, you need to give the default admin details.
- Hit the Log In button.
- On the next screen, the Netgear setup wizard will appear on the screen.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
This is how you can set up your Netgear EAX12. However, you can also use these steps to configure the Netgear AX1600 WiFi extender.
In this process, you don’t need to access the default web address or IP address. You just need to follow the following points:
- First, keep the extender near the host router.
- Plug the extender into the working socket.
- Press the start button.
- Look for the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, you need to push the WPS button on the extender as well as the router.
- Thereafter, wait for some time until the devices are configured.
Once the device is installed successfully access the Netgear_ext SSID and enjoy the high-speed internet throughout the house.
In case you are not able to get success in doing Netgear EAX12 setup, then read out the troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue related to the extender setup.
Here, we have mentioned some steps that you will use according to the situation you are experiencing:
If you are facing issues related to the functionality of the Netgear extender then try to update the firmware of the device because sometimes outdated firmware stops the functions of the device and leads to the issues. To update the firmware you need to access the default web address of the extender.
Cross Check the Web Address
It is very important to use the correct default web address of the extender when you access it because sometimes users insert the incorrect URL into the address bar in a hurry and are not able to access it. So, to avoid the issue cross check the URL.
Keep Extender in Router Range
The placement of the extender is very important. If you place your extender far away from the host router, then there is a possibility that the extender faces difficulty reaching out to the router network.
We hope with the help of this write up you will easily get the successful setup of Netgear EAX12 in a hassle-free manner and also able to fix the issue between the procedure.