New Extender Setup
A WiFi Range Extender is an easy and effective way to boost the existing WiFi network range and coverage. Your New Extender Setup process is quite easy and doesn’t need much technical expertise. There are different models of Netgear extenders ranging from EX8000 AC3000, EX7500 AC2200, EX7000 AC1900, EX6250 AC1750, N300, EX6110 AC1200 to WN2500RP N600. Lots of users are unable to access the internet throughout their home or workplace due to widespread dead zones. Essentially, dead zones are places where users get no or poor WiFi connectivity. So, the best way to transform these dead zones into fun zones is New Extender Setup.
In order to manually perform the WiFi Extender Setup process, continue reading this A to Z guide.
Netgear range extender is a plug and play device. It also comes with a Netgear Extender Manual which guides you through the complete setup process. But the Extender Setup instructions given in the manual are quite hard to understand for a regular user. As the manual is very small in size, so it often gets misplaced or lost while unpacking the new WiFi range extender. That’s why it is best to set up your WiFi extender with the help of the installation steps mentioned here. In case of any doubt, you can also get in touch with our experts at any time.
Without further ado, let’s first discuss the prerequisites used for New Extender Setup.
Netgear Extender Setup Essentials
A WiFi extender is extremely easy to set up and configure. But before getting started with the Netgear Extender Setup, you must have the following things along with you:
- The extender’s proximity to the router. In layman’s language, the Extender and the existing WiFi router should be placed in the same room.
- The WiFi range extender must receive proper and fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Followed by it, you must access a high-speed internet connection throughout the New Extender Setup process.
- Next comes an internet browser. However, it is suggested you install more than two web browsers on your computer or laptop. It may happen that you fail to access the default Netgear Extender Login page just because of the web browser issue. In this scenario, you can opt for another browser (as you have options!).
Once you have all these essentials, you are good to go with the Netgear Extender Setup process.
Netgear Extender Setup via Mywifiext
Users can execute the Netgear Extender Setup in two different ways: using mywifiext and WPS method. Let’s get to know how to setup extender using these methods.
New Extender Setup Using Web Browser Smart Setup
This method requires you to access a web browser for making your extender up and running. Let’s have a quick look at the New Extender Setup steps:
- At first, plug the extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Take a WiFi client device like a PC or laptop and connect it to a WiFi network.
- After that, open a web browser and go to mywifiext.net web address.
- It will open the default Netgear Extender Login page.
- Fill in the username and passphrase and click on the login button. If you experience any sort of issue during login such as username and password is incorrect or the login page doesn’t appear, get immediate technical assistance from our experienced technicians.
- Now, hit the button that says New Extender Setup.
- A form will open asking your basic information such as name, password, email, etc.
- Fill in the form completely and click on the Next button.
- You will now see the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard.
- This wizard will provide you with on-screen prompts to set up and install your WiFi extender.
All you have to do is simply follow these prompts carefully and complete your Extender Setup. After setup, you can change the extended network name or SSID and password as per your choice. Now, you are free to connect your wireless devices to the extender’s new WiFi network and enjoy fast internet connectivity throughout the home or office.
Netgear Extender Setup Using WPS Method
WPS refers to WiFi Protected Setup – the easiest way for Netgear Extender Setup. With this method, you need not to enter any password or access any web browser to install your WiFi extender. Here’s how to setup Netgear extender with WPS button:
- First of all, power on your extender after plugging it into a wall socket.
- Now, find the WPS button on your extender.
- Once found, press the button.
- You will see a blinking WPS light on your extender. It means your extender is connecting with your router.
- After some time, you will see three solid green lights on the extender. These LEDs show that the extender has been connected to the router.
- In case your extender doesn’t connect to the router, contact our experts’ team and resolve the issue immediately.
- If your WiFi router provides support for 5 GHz network band, repeat the same procedure.
- Green 5 GHz Link Rate power LED on your extender signifies the successful WiFi Extender Setup.
This way, you can set up your extender without using the extender manual.
Can’t Access Mywifext?
Getting issues while accessing mywifiext during Netgear WiFi Extender Setup? Worry not! In this particular troubleshooting section, you will get to know various solutions to fix major problems while setting up your WiFi range extender.
- Make sure that your extender is getting proper power supply from the mains. For this, you can check the power LED of extender – it must be solid green.
- If you are setting up the extender on Mac OS or iOS device, use mywifiext.local web address.
- Keep in mind to use the correct login web address only.
- If you are unable to access the Netgear Extender Login page, use the default IP address for login rather than the web address.
- Reboot your main router and the extender.
- During the Extender Setup, place the extender and router in the same room.
- Reconnect your device to the Netgear_ext network.
- Follow the aforementioned setup steps carefully and in the exact given order if you have lost the extender manual.
- Try to update the web browser version.
- Also, remember to update the Netgear extender firmware to the latest version after a successful WiFi Extender Setup.
If you are still facing any issue with your Netgear Extender Setup, connect with our well-trained and knowledgeable technicians at 1-888-927-4505. They will resolve all your technical problems within minutes.