Netgear WN3500RP Setup
Are you looking to have an uninterrupted internet signal through every square inch of your home? Consider giving a try to the Netgear WN3500RP wireless range extender. This device will enhance and boost the current WiFi signal range and coverage in your home and take care of all the WiFi dead spots. This guide is intended to give you deep insight into how you can perform Netgear WN3500RP setup.
Netgear WN3500RP Setup Methods
In this guide, you will find different methods using which you can complete the Netgear WN3500RP setup, namely:
- Manual method
- WPS method
Netgear WN3500RP Setup: Manual Method
Mentioned ahead are the simple and easy-to-perform instructions for Netgear WN3500RP setup using the manual method. Here, you need to use the default web domain mywifiext.net to get through the process.
1. Power Up Netgear Extender
Before you initiate the setup process, bring the Netgear range extender and the router to the same room. Now, using a well-working power socket, supply power to the Netgear extender to power it up. Likewise, power up the host router. Make sure the power sockets are damage-free.
2. Connect Extender to Router
The next step in line to get the WN3500RP setup process done is to establish a connection between the Netgear range extender and the access point a.k.a. host router. So, lay your hands on an Ethernet cable and insert one end into the extender and the other one into the router. While doing so, double-check that the Ethernet cable that you are using. It should not be worn-out and should have no cuts on it. Furthermore, make sure that you are using the correct ports to insert the cable into the devices.
3. Access Login Web Address
Now it is time to power up your computer. In the absence of a computer, a laptop can assist you to complete the WN3500RP setup procedure. Get to the URL bar of any web browser. Type the Netgear login web domain i.e; www.mywifext.net carefully. FYI, you can also make use of the default IP address 192.168.1.250 to log in. Hitting the Enter key will take you to the Netgear login window.
4. Input Login Credentials
Moving ahead on the login page, enter the default login details. Take the help of the user manual that came along with the Netgear range extender in the box to know its default login credentials. Make sure that you are inputting the username and the password in their designated spaces only. Also, as the login credentials are case-sensitive, check that the Caps Lock key on the keyboard is disabled.
5. Follow On-Screen Instructions
After entering the login username and password, you need to click on the Login button. As soon as you do so, you will land on the Netgear Genie setup wizard. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to get through the process.
That’s it! This is how you can do WN3500RP setup using the manual method or the mywifiext setup method. If you find that you are stuck while setting up your Netgear range extender at any point, you can try contacting our highly experienced technical team to help you out.
Netgear WN3500RP Setup: WPS Method
This is the easiest method to complete Netgear range extender setup. Here are the instructions for the same:
- Bring the Netgear range extender and the router to the same room.
- Power up both devices.
- Wait till the LEDs are stable.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your Netgear WN3500RP range extender.
- Push it.
- In the same manner, look for the WPS button on the host router and press it.
Netgear WN3500RP Setup: Common Issues
While performing the Netgear range extender setup, you may experience some issues. Here is the list:
- Web address mywifiext.net not working.
- The default IP address is not responding.
- Login credentials giving trouble.
- Netgear range extender cannot access the router’s network.
- Netgear extender’s LEDs unstable.
- Unable to load Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- WPS light blinking.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Netgear WN3500RP setup process.
Netgear WN3500RP Setup: Troubleshooting
You just got to know some common setup issues with the Netgear range extender. Have a look at how you can fix these issues.
- Make sure that all the connecting cables are damage-free.
- Check that the connections made to the devices are finger-tight.
- Ensure having an uninterrupted power supply throughout the setup process. You can consider using a UPS if there is a power outage in your area.
- Make a check on the internet signal strength before attempting to set up your device. A high-speed internet speed is recommended for a smooth setup experience.
- Enter the login address www.mywifiext.net correctly into the URL bar of the web browser. Also, avoid typing it into the search bar, as this may lead you to some anonymous web page.
- Input the login details carefully avoiding any typos.
- Make sure that you are following all the setup instructions religiously.
- While using the WPS setup method, check that your router is WPS-enabled. Otherwise, this method won’t stay valid for you.
These tips and tricks should help you to fix any issues with the Netgear WN3500RP setup procedure, however, you always have the option of contacting our technical team and they are always eager to lend you a helping hand.