This post will show the step-by-step procedure for Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender setup using Netgear Genie user interface.
This post applies to the latest firmware version 220.127.116.11 and below.
How to install Netgear EX2700 WiFi Range Extender:
- Place the Netgear range extender in the same room as your main WiFi router.
- Also, make sure that you have a live and active internet connection coming out from the main router.
- Plug the range extender into an electrical outlet and wait for a couple of seconds for the Power LED light on your device to become stable. If the light does not turn ON, please press the On/Off button on the side panel of your range extender.
- Connect a computer or laptop that has a relevant web browser for Netgear ex2700 login.
- For a wired connection, connect a USB or an Ethernet cable on the LAN port of the range extender and the LAN port LED should flash.
- For a wireless connection, look for the wireless network name i.e. NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once you are connected successfully, the Device Link LED will illuminate solid or amber green.
- Launch an internet browser. This will take you directly to the Netgear Genie setup page to help you with the installation process.
If you do not see the setup page of Netgear Genie, type www.mywifiext.net or the default IP address of your range extender i.e. 192.168.1.250 into the address bar field of a web browser.
- Next, it will ask you to type the default username and password into the required fields to log in.
- Another window will appear. You have to click on Continue to run the installation process.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for Netgear Genie to scan your WiFi network. It will show the available networks that are within the range of your Netgear range extender. Select the network name that belongs to you and click on the option continue.
- Type in the passphrase/ password of your main wireless network and click on Continue.
- By default, the SSID is the network name of your wireless network followed by _EXT.
- Select the option ‘Use the same security and password as those of your existing network’ and click on OK.
You can also customize the SSID (network name) and wireless password (security key) according to your own preference. A pop-up window will appear informing you to keep a different SSID for optimal performance.
- Next, you have to uncheck the box for ‘using the same security and password’ so that you can change it according to your own preference. Once done, click on continue.
- You will be informed that the wireless settings for your range extender have changed successfully. After that, you will need to connect to www.mywifiext.net new extender setup before clicking on continue.
- Once you have successfully connected your wireless devices to the newly created WiFi network, click on finish to complete the setup process.
At last, move the range extender to your preferred location. Make sure that it is in between the range of your main WiFi router and the wireless devices to obtain a good signal.
Steps to Setup a Netgear Wireless Range Extender Using Mywifiext local
Mywifiext.net local or mywifiext.local is a web address used for setting and installing a Netgear WiFi range extender. This web address is only meant for iOS and Apple users. If you wish to set up your WiFi range extender with iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac or other iOS devices, then make use of mywifiext local.
It is the local web address on the internet, not a regular one and that’s why users face issues while accessing this web URL. To resolve this issue, connect your device to the range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable.
In case you encounter issues in setting up your range extender, get instant help from our technicians.