Netgear Nighthawk App
Do you own a Netgear product? You should know about the Netgear Nighthawk app. The mobile app by Netgear makes the device setup an easy job. Not just the setup, you can monitor and manage the network from the palm of your hand. Need more info on Netgear Nighthawk – WiFi app? Read ahead!
Uses of Netgear Nighthawk- WiFi App
This app is used for the initial setup of Netgear devices like routers or WiFi extenders. You can log in to the app and reach the settings. From here you can manage your network. Update the firmware of your Netgear devices, check the connected WiFi devices, run an internet speed test, change WiFi settings, update admin or WiFi passwords, enable guest network, set parental controls and do much more using the mobile app.
But to do all of this, you need to download and install the app first. The next section highlights the installation process of the app.
Netgear Nighthawk Download
The mobile app can be installed on Android and iOS devices.
You should use the Google Play Store to download the Nighthawk app for Android.
To get the Nighthawk app for iPhone, or iPad, make use of the Apple App Store.
However, there’s no Netgear Nighthawk app for PC or Mac.
You can download and install the app from the respective store with the help of these steps:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your phone.
- Type Netgear Nighthawk app in the search field and tap on search icon.
- From the search results, select the correct app.
- Tap Install to begin the Netgear Nighthawk app download and installation process
After the app is installed, log in to it using the MyNetgear admin details and begin managing your network easily.
How to Log In to Netgear App?
After installing the app on your smartphone via App Store or Play Store or Nighthawk-app.com, follow the steps given below to log in to your Netgear device using the app:
- Connect your phone to the Netgear router/extender’s WiFi.
- Launch the app on your phone.
- You will be prompted to enter Netgear admin username and password.
- Enter the right details in the respective fields.
- Tap Log in.
You are logged in to your Netgear router or WiFi extender. If you haven’t set up your Netgear device then you will land on the Netgear Genie setup page. Simply follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the setup.
Netgear Nighthawk App Not Working? Try This!
You may come across the Netgear Nighthawk app not working issue. Allow us to fix this issue for you. The troubleshooting tips that you can use to get your app up and working for you are given ahead:
- First and foremost, check that you are connected to the Netgear router or Netgear extender’s WiFi on your phone. You can use the app only when you are on the local network.
- Turn off the cellular data on the phone to avoid switching to it while using the app.
- Make sure that you have installed the app from an authentic and reliable source and not used some random place to download it.
- Check for updates for the Netgear mobile app and get it updated right away.
- Ensure using the correct login details to log in.
- Check the router or extender’s connections. Faulty connections can take you to the Nighthawk app not working issue.
- Your Netgear device should be powered on completely. Check its power supply properly and then connect your phone to its network to use the app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app if the issue does not get fixed.
How to Fix Netgear Nighthawk App Logon Timed Out Issue?
Many times users face Nighthawk app login timed out error while they are trying to log in to their app. Give a shot at the fixes given below:
- Get the Nighthawk app updated to the latest version.
- Use the right login details and ensure connecting to the correct network on the phone.
- Power cycle the network by turning off and on the router/extender and modem/ router after waiting for some time.
- Update the firmware on your Netgear device by using the web interface method.
- If the error appears after you update your Netgear router or extender then downgrade the firmware.
After you apply the solutions, you will log in to your Netgear Nighthawk app without any hassle. Once you are logged in, go to the settings and make the necessary changes as per your requirements.