Netgear EX8000 Setup
Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 is a tri-band mesh WiFi extender that is known to create a whole home mesh system with an existing networking device. With the help of the extended network, the user can stream 4K video uninterruptedly even if he moves from one room to another. The FastLane3 Technology combines 3 radio bands to provide speeds up to 3Gbps. Moreover, 6 high-performing inbuilt antennas amplify the WiFi range in the farthest corner of the house. But, all these features won’t be able to help you if you don’t know how to perform Netgear EX8000 setup. Given in this guide are the complete instructions that will help you install the tri-band extender in a matter of minutes.
More About Netgear EX8000 Extender
Before heading towards the Netgear extender setup process, we would like to make you aware of its additional features. Here’s what you should know about the EX8000 extender:
- Its dedicated WiFi link to the host router prevents the extended bandwidth from getting cut in half.
- Your mobile devices will be able to access the extended network with the help of the Smart Roaming feature.
- The Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 extender’s quad-core processor is ideal for lag-free gaming.
- Simultaneous streaming of data on multiple devices is no more a challenge with the MU-MIMO technology housed by this Netgear extender.
- Four gigabit ports to help you access the internet on wired devices. Especially your gaming consoles.
- You can also keep your extended network settings the same as that of the existing one using the One WiFi Name feature.
- Push ‘N’ Connect feature for WPS-supported devices via the WPS button.
Netgear EX8000 Setup Methods
Netgear Nighthawk extender setup is possible via the below-mentioned three methods. You can use any one of them. However, if you need personalized help with the installation of the EX8000 range extender, know that our experts are available round the clock for your assistance.
- Manual Method
- Nighthawk app
- WPS Method
Now, walk through the next sections to learn the Nighthawk extender installation steps. This is to inform you that the manual method involves the use of a computer or a laptop, the Nighthawk application demands the use of a mobile phone whereas the WPS method requires none of these.
Netgear EX8000 Setup | Manual Method
Along with the computer or laptop, this setup approach needs you to access the default web address of the Netgear EX8000 extender. FYI, the default web address of the Nighthawk extender you are going to install is mywifiext.net. Here are the instructions that will help you do extender setup via the manual method:
- Set up the hardware of your Nighthawk device (it includes connecting it to the router and powering it up).
- Now, pay attention to your computer and load your favorite internet browser. The browser and computer must be updated.
- Go to the URL bar, type the default web address of your EX8000 range extender, and press the Enter key.
- You will soon cross paths with the admin page of your Nighthawk wireless extender (Netgear extender login window).
- Here, input the default codes of your wireless device into their respective fields and click Log In to proceed.
- The BASIC Home screen will be the next window welcoming you with a few prompts. Walk through those prompts.
The moment you follow the last instruction and save the changes, you’ll notice that the extender has been installed successfully. Thus, you are all set to access the amplified network via its SSID.
Netgear EX8000 Setup | Nighthawk App
You can take the help of the Nighthawk application if you find the aforementioned method of installing the Netgear EX8000 extender difficult. The steps highlighted below will provide you with an insight into the extender setup via the mobile app.
- Make arrangements as you did in the previous setup method. Yes, we are talking about the power supply and the EX8000 extender-router connection.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone, make your way to the app store as per the OS, and look for the Nighthawk app.
- Download the app from the displayed results and let it install properly. However, ensure that you do not download its older version.
- Launch the app and create your Netgear account by filling in the required information. To be specific; your email ID and password.
- The next step is to input the default values of the EX8000 password and username. So, look for the respective fields and enter them.
- Tap the Log In button to reach the final stage i.e. the dashboard of your Netgear Nighthawk wireless device.
- Give a shot at the instructions appearing on your mobile device to give a final touch to the installation of your extender.
This is how you can do Netgear EX8000 setup with the help of the Nighthawk mobile application. However, you are more than welcome to take personalized assistance from our experts in case of any confusion.
Netgear EX8000 Setup | WPS Method
This method is for users who are not in the mood of using a screen for the Netgear EX8000 extender setup. The reason being, the Push ‘N’ Connect ability of this Nighthawk device. Here’s how you can use this feature to install your extender:
- Place the host router and Nighthawk EX8000 extender in the same room.
- Push the WPS button; firstly on the Netgear extender and then the host router.
- Your Netgear extender has been installed.
Wasn’t setting up the Nighthawk extender via the WPS approach easy? Well, now you can take the advantage of a lag-free internet connection in every square inch of your house.
Want More Assistance?
All the above-discussed methods will help you install your Nighthawk extender. However, in the manual method, you can use also the 192.168.1.250 IP address instead of the mywifiext.net URL. Just in case you need further assistance with the Netgear EX8000 setup, our experts are always on their toes for your service.