Netgear EAX15 Setup
Netgear AX1800 extender model EAX15 is a dual-band WiFi mesh extender. Get this powerful WiFi 6 mesh extender installed in your home and receive fast available WiFi speed and more internet coverage in every part of the home. On this page, you will find every single piece of info that you seek about the Netgear EAX15 WiFi mesh extender.
Netgear EAX15 Specifications
- WiFi Technology 802.11ax
- Dual-band WiFi technology
- 4 simultaneous streams
- Compatible with any WiFi router or cable modem
- One Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
- Fast WiFi-6 with speeds upto 1.8Gbps
- Backward compatible with WiFi 5, WiFi 4, and previous generation WiFi devices
- Seamless smart roaming
- Push and connect using WPS button
How to Setup Netgear EAX15?
Netgear EAX15 setup can be done by any of the three methods: Manual method, WPS method, and using the Nighthawk app.
Netgear WiFi extender setup of EAX15 extender using the manual method is discussed ahead:
- Connect the Netgear EAX15 WiFi mesh extender to an active power socket and turn its power button on. The lights should become solid before you go for the next step.
- Put to use an Ethernet cable and connect the extender to the host router.
- Now, get hold of your PC and load an internet browser.
- Visit mywifiext.net using the browser. You can also use the default IP address of the extender.
- Input the Netgear admin login details on the login page that will be displayed.
- Thereafter, click on the Log In button and reach the Netgear extender setup page.
- Simply follow all the instructions that will be displayed further on the screen.
Netgear extender setup of EAX15 using the web address or the default IP address, i.e. 192.168.1.250 is completed.
To know about the other two setup methods, you can either contact our experts or refer to Netgear EAX20 setup page. The methods are entirely the same for both products.
Netgear EAX15 Firmware Update
After you have completed the Netgear EAX15 setup process, first you need to relocate the extender to a suitable place and then update its firmware to the most recent version. Here is how you can do this:
- Download the latest firmware for the Netgear EAX15 extender model.
- Save it at any safe location on your PC.
- Now, access the Netgear extender web-based management utility by using the login web address or IP address and get to its settings.
- Click on Firmware Update and then click on the Browser button.
- Now, locate and select the firmware file saved on the PC.
- Finally, click on the Upload button to begin the firmware installation process.
Make sure that the firmware update process does not get interrupted. Else the firmware on the extender may get corrupted. So, do not perform any background activities while the firmware is getting installed.
How to Perform Netgear EAX15 Reset?
You can reset your Netgear EAX15 WiFi mesh extender by simply pressing the Reset button located on it. Once the extender is reset, the default factory settings will be restored on it. You can use the reset process while troubleshooting many other issues with your extender. For instance, if you forgot the admin password, if mywifiext.net refused to connect, in case you are getting very poor or no internet signal from the EAX15 mesh extender, then reset can help.
After resetting the extender, once again you need to perform the Netgear EAX15 setup process by using any method.
Need Further Assistance?
This is all about the Netgear EAX15 setup process, its specifications, the firmware update as well as the reset process. We hope that you are now well acquainted with this device. If you want to know more about this WiFi mesh range extender and need info on how you can get the maximum output from it, do not hesitate to contact our expert technical team.