Netgear EAX20 Setup
The future of wireless internet, the EAX20 range extender by Netgear is built to deliver greater WiFi speeds and cover more areas. After you perform Netgear EAX20 setup, you will be able to access internet speeds up to 1.8Gbps even in the farthest corner of your house. In case you are not familiar with the installation process of this amazing range extender, this guide will help you out.
Methods to Set Up Netgear EAX20 Extender
Having an overview of the methods to set up EAX20 range extender will make it easier for you to complete the process. You can install your WiFi device by employing any of the methods given below:
1. Manual Method: Suggested by technical experts, the Manual method of performing Netgear EAX20 setup is all about accessing the web-based setup wizard via mywifiext.net and customizing the extender’s settings.
2. Nighthawk App: Here, the web-based setup wizard is replaced with the interface of the Nighthawk mobile application. You need not access the URL of the extender to set it up via the mobile app.
3. WPS Method: Netgear EAX20 setup via the WPS method is considered the easiest one by users. The reason being, it only demands the push of a button.
Got an overview of the methods to set up your EAX20 extender? Great! Now, have a walk through the next sections to gain in-detail knowledge about these setup methods.
Netgear EAX20 Setup | Manual Method
Following are the instructions that you need to walk through in order to complete the extender’s installation via the Manual approach. However, before that, we want you to unbox your Netgear EAX20 extender properly and connect its power adapter to the respective port.
- Power up your EAX20 wireless device after connecting it to a working wall outlet.
- The moment you notice that the lights on your extender have turned solid, take an Ethernet cable.
- With the help of the Ethernet cable, create a connection between your Netgear EAX20 extender and the main router.
- Get access to your PC and load an internet browser you find easy to use.
- Now, move to the address field a.k.a. URL field, and input mywifiext.net into it.
- Pressing Enter will take you to the Netgear extender admin page.
- Here, insert the default values of the EAX20, i.e. username and password.
- Click Log In and you’ll find yourself on the BASIC Home screen.
- The instructions appearing on the screen will pave the way for the rest of the Netgear EAX20 setup process.
This is how you can set up an EAX20 wireless range extender with the help of the Manual method. Now, you are free to access its wireless network via Netgear_ext.
Netgear EAX20 Setup | Nighthawk App
Going through the following steps will help you install your range extender with the aid of the Nighthawk mobile application. For your information, the initial steps of the setup process are as same as the Manual method.
- After connecting your WiFi devices (EAX20 extender and router), unlock your mobile phone.
- Right after that, make your way to the app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and download the same from the displayed results.
- Launch the app as soon as it gets installed on your mobile phone.
- Creating a Netgear account is the next thing you need to do.
- You can do so using your email ID and password.7. Thereafter, use the default credentials of your Netgear EAX20 extender to log in to it.
- You will now be able to see on-screen instructions. Follow them.
Following the instructions appearing on the interface of the Nighthawk app will help you complete the installation process of the EAX20 device. Just in case you are unable to set up your WiFi device, getting in touch with our experts will be the best option you’ll have in your hand.
Netgear EAX20 Setup | WPS Method
We’ve mentioned earlier that performing Netgear EAX20 extender setup via the WPS approach only requires you to push a button. Thus, you do not need the Netgear extender login credentials to set up your device. Here’s how you can get success with the process:
- Place your wireless extender near the main access point (router).
- Power up both devices.
- Are the LED lights on your EAX20 solid? Yes? Push the WPS button on it then.
- You are required to press the WPS button on the host access point too.
- The range extender setup process completes.
Here ends the section disclosing the WiFi extender setup process via the WPS method. We’re now shedding some light on the tips that will help you achieve success with the setup procedure easily.
Tips for Netgear EAX20 Extender Setup Success
- Your range extender must be getting a fluctuation-free power supply throughout the setup process.
- There should not be any cuts on the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your WiFi devices.
- Your EAX20 WiFi device must be placed within the boundary line of the signals emitted by the main access point.
- If you choose to carry out the extender setup process via the Manual method, the web browser is supposed to be up-to-date.
- The username and password of your Netgear EAX20 setup must be entered very carefully. Else, you won’t be able to complete the installation process.
Need More Assistance?
Although the instructions mentioned on this page will help you complete the Netgear EAX20 setup process, just in case you need more assistance regarding the same, you can contact our experts. FYI, they are always on their toes to help out Netgear users.