In this post, we will describe you some valuable points on how to troubleshoot and restore a Netgear EX7000 WiFi range extender.
As a matter of fact, many Netgear ex2700 setup and Netgear ex2700 login issues can easily be resolved by just restoring your range extender back to its default values.
Well, there are two simple ways through which you can easily reset your Netgear EX7000 range extender back to factory default settings.
First is by using the web user interface (GUI) and second is by pressing the factory reset button. And here, we will be discussing both the methods.
Using the Web GUI (Graphical User Interface):
- Use a laptop or a desktop that is connected to your Netgear EX7000 WiFi range extender through a safe and secure wired or wireless connection.
Note: The connected device to your Netgear extender LED lights solid green. This indicates that your device is currently connected to the Netgear EX7000 securely and properly.
- Open any relevant, load-free and up-to-date internet browser like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the URL bar of your currently open internet browser.
- On the www.mywifiext.net login page, enter your valid email and a secure password or passphrase and click on Log In.
- On Netgear Genie setup page, click on the ‘settings’ and after that, hit on ‘other settings’ option.
- Click on ‘reset’ and then click on ‘yes’ to proceed.
Wait for a moment for the web user interface to finish the reset process.
Using the Factory Reset button:
- Grab any thin object like a pen, pin or a paper clip.
- On the bottom panel of your EX7000 range extender, locate the factory reset hole.
- Press the reset button using your grabbed object.
- Hold it for a very short piece of time or until the LED lights on your device starts blinking.
- After that, slowly release the reset button and wait for your range extender to reboot.
- Congratulations! Your EX7000 range extender has successfully rebooted back to factory default settings.
Once your device is rebooted, you can go with Netgear WiFi extender setup EX2700 process.
- Make sure that your extender and the existing WiFi router and placed within reach of each other. Because the live internet connection coming out of your main WiFi router is very important.
- Plug your Netgear Ex2700 into an electrical outlet.
- Let the LED lights on your device illuminates solid green. If it doesn’t light up, just push the on/ off button on your ex2700 range extender.
- Connect your computer/ laptop with Ex2700.
- Load up a web browser into it
- Type mywifiext.net in its URL bar. If mywifiext.net not working, then you can also use the default IP address of your Netgear range extender (192.168.1.250) for login.
- This will redirect you to Netgear genie setup page to help with the installation process.
- Enter the default login credentials, and when another window open up, click on the option ‘continue’.
Wait for a couple of minutes for the genie to scan your network.
- From the available list, you have to select a network whose range you wanna extend and click on ‘continue’.
- Enter in the password/ security key of your wireless network and click on ‘continue’ once done.
- Now, select the available option – click on OK – uncheck the available option and click on ‘continue’.
Note: You can change the same security and password according to your own preference. Do not keep the login details as default.
- You will be informed that your wireless settings for your EX2700 have been changed successfully. Don’t forget to connect your device to your network prior to clicking on ‘continue’.
- As soon as you connect your wireless devices to the new extended WiFi network, please click on ‘finish’ to complete the setup process.
- You can now move the range extender to your preferred location. To acquire good signals, do not place it away from your main WiFi router.
For an instant solution to your annoying issues and answers to your maddening queries, dial a toll-free number 1-855-466-3001.