Netgear AC1750 (EX6250) dual-band WiFi mesh extender perks up the internet coverage with your existing home WiFi network to create a secure and powerful mesh WiFi for superior internet speed and coverage.
It works easily with any standard wireless router and is also ideal for gaming and HD video streaming.
Switch to AC1750 (EX6250) WiFi mesh extender and get internet connectivity all over the house you need for your iPads, smartphones, laptops, computers, and more without interruption.
There are two ways to set up and install a Netgear WiFi range extender. You can use any one of them to configure your device:
- Installation of Netgear AC1750 extender in extender mode.
- Installation of Netgear AC1750 in access point mode.
1. Installation of Range Extender in Extender Mode
- First of all, you have to set the extender/access point switch to the extender.
- Place your AC1750 (EX6250) wifi mesh extender in the same room as your main WiFi router.
- Plug it into an electrical power outlet.
- Wait for the LED lights on it become stable. This process can take a couple of minutes.
- In case the LEDs on your device doesn’t light up, simply push the on/off button.
Continue with the Installation Process, using WPS Method
- Gently press the WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) button on your Netgear wifi range extender for a few seconds or until the WPS LED starts blinking.
- After 2-3 minutes, push the WPS button on your main router as well.
- Unplug your Netgear WiFi range extender and move it to a new location. But it should be in the range of your existing router.
Note: If your main device supports the 5GHz band, repeat the point 1 and 2 and connect your range extender to that band.
See, it’s that simple.
2. Installation of Range Extender as an Access Point Mode
You can easily use your Netgear device as an access point that creates a new WiFi hotspot by making use of a safe and secure wired Ethernet connection.
- Firstly, you have to set the access point/extender switch to an access point.
- Secondly, plug your smart Netgear extender into a power source.
The power lights on your device will become solid green. Push the on/off button in case the LED lights on your device don’t turn to solid green.
- Once done, connect a desktop or laptop to the extender making use of a WiFi or a safe and secure Ethernet connection.
WiFi: On your networking computer or laptop, join the range extender’s default WiFi network.
Ethernet: Connect your device (computer/ laptop) to the Netgear range extender through an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser.
- Visit www.mywifiext.net login page by typing www.mywifiext.net into the address bar field of your presently open web browser.
When mywifiext net setup page displays:
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on your main WiFi router to the Netgear extender’s Ethernet port physically and properly.
- Simply follow the on-screen prompts to set up your Netgear device easily.
Note: We strictly recommend that you do not connect your range extender directly to your DSL (Digital subscriber line) or cable modem.
How to Log in to your AC1750 (EX6250) WiFi Mesh Extender
After Netgear extender setup, you are supposed to log in in order to view or change the extender’s security settings.
- To do so, launch an internet browser from a PC or laptop or a mobile device that is connected to your extender network safely and securely.
- Log in to your extender via mywifiext.net.
- If mywifiext.net not working, then use the default IP address of your device instead.
- For Windows-based computer: Mywifiext/ mywifiext.net/ mywifiext.com would be the default web address to access mywifiext net extender setup page.
- For Mac computers, iOS devices, Linux, and Apple devices: Mywifiext local to access www-mywifiext-net setup or www.mywifiext.net new extender setup page.
Once you are into the setup and login page of your WiFi range extender, enter the login credentials by default carefully.
And that’s it. The login page has been displayed. Here, you can make all the possible changes.
For any help, just dial a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.