Have you just brought a Netgear WiFi range extender but are frustrated because you don’t know how to set it up? Worry not. We have got you covered. Through this blog post, you’ll get to learn about how to setup Netgear extender with ease. So, without wasting any more time, let’s proceed. But, before you dig deep into the Netgear Nighthawk setup process, there are certain essentials that you need to keep in mind. They are as follows:
- Ensure that your Netgear range extender is placed in the same area as the router.
- Next in line comes a sufficient power supply. Make sure that both your WiFi devices are being fed with enough electricity.
Now that you have become well aware of the prerequisites that you need to remember while setting up your extender, it’s time to move forward. Are you ready to learn about the different methods to set up your Netgear extender? Keep reading then.
How to Perform Netgear Nighthawk Setup Using Different Methods?
There are three different ways through which you can set up your Netgear extender:
- Netgear Nighthawk App
- WPS Method
- Web Interface
Go through all three methods one-by-one and set up your WiFi range extender in a hassle-free manner.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup By Using the Nighthawk App
The first way through which you can set up your extender is by using the Netgear Nighthawk app. The good news is that this app operates both on Android and iOS devices. So, regardless of what cell phone you have, you can perform an extender setup in a jiffy.
- Pick your mobile phone from wherever it is lying and switch it on.
- Then, open the Google Play Store if you have an Android. In case you are the owner of an iOS device, then opening the App Store is recommended.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk App from the respective store.
- Have you installed the Nighthawk app properly? If yes, it’s time to move forward.
- The next step in line is to create a Netgear account. Fill in the default username and password and hit Log In to proceed further.
- When the Netgear Genie dashboard displays itself, follow the on-screen instructions mentioned on it.
Note: Walk through the on-screen instructions very carefully. Avoid making mistakes, otherwise, you’ll have to start the extender setup process from scratch.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup By Using the WPS Method
Also known as WiFi Protected Setup, the WPS method is one of the easiest methods amongst the mentioned three. Follow the steps given below to set up your Netgear extender with the help of the WiFi Protected setup method:
- Firstly, ensure that your Netgear extender as well as your home router are switched on.
- Then, locate the WPS method on your extender and turn it on.
- Do the same thing with your Netgear WiFi router. Once done, see if the LED light on your router has turned green or not.
- Cross-check the same thing on your WiFi range extender.
- Once your extender and router have connected to each other, change the location of your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
Now, connect your device to Netgear_Ext and enjoy a blazing internet connection in every single corner of your house.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup By Using Web Interface
The last and the third way through which you can perform a Netgear Nighthawk setup is by using the web interface. Most users find this method quite difficult to perform, but in reality, it isn’t. In fact, it offers step-by-step instructions for you to set up your extender with ease.
To set up your extender by using the web interface, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Connect your extender and router with the help of a wired cable.
- Then, plug your WiFi devices into a wall outlet and power them on.
- Install a web browser on your system and enter mywifiext. Press the key to proceed further.
- Now, enter the required login credentials of your Netgear WiFi range extender and hit Log In.
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the Basic Home Screen to complete setting up your extender.
Ta-da! This was all about the different ways to perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup. We hope we were able to guide you in setting up your WiFi range extender with ease. In case you come across any issues while setting up your WiFi device, feel free to contact us any hour of the day.