It is a fact that a Netgear wireless range extender makes it easier to access a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection in every area of your home. But, like any other technical device, a WiFi extender is also prone to certain issues. And, Netgear WiFi extender orange light issue is one of them.
If you are also struggling with the orange light issue on your Netgear extender, then we have come to your rescue. In this post, we have mentioned certain fixes that will surely help you get rid of the Netgear extender orange light issue. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down and read on.
Reasons Behind Netgear WiFi Extender Orange Light Issue
Prior to helping you troubleshoot the orange light issue, let’s first make you aware of the reasons that might have led you to it. Here are some of the topmost factors contributing to the issue you’re facing at hand:
- You haven’t properly performed Netgear extender setup process.
- The Ethernet connection between your wireless range extender and the router is not stable.
- The firmware of your device is not running on an updated version.
- The WiFi signals of your extender are getting interrupted.
- Technical glitches can also turn the lights on your extender into orange.
Moving on, let’s explain how to troubleshoot the Netgear WiFi extender orange light issue.
Netgear WiFi Extender Orange Light Issue (Solved)
a) Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Start by giving your Netgear wireless range extender a restart. Perhaps, rebooting your device will help you get rid of the orange light issue and prevent you from wasting your time on other troubleshooting tips.
Here are the steps to reboot your wireless device:
- Power off your Netgear range extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your extender back into the socket and power it on.
Now, check whether you facing the Netgear WiFi extender orange light issue. If yes, then we recommend you keep reading this blog.
b) Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear range extender is another way through which you can troubleshoot the orange light issue. So, go through the steps mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your device to the latest version:
- Launch an updated internet browser on your PC.
- Access the new extender setup page.
- Head over to Settings > Maintenance and select Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
In case you face any issues while trying to update the firmware of your Netgear range extender, consider getting in touch with our technical experts.
c) Verify the Ethernet Connection
Check whether the connection between your Netgear extender and the router is up and running. Bear in mind that there should be no loose or faulty cable connection between your devices.
Also, if the Ethernet cable connecting your devices has any cuts, get it replaced with a new one without wasting any more time.
d) Reset Your Netgear Extender
If even after following the troubleshooting tips mentioned above, you find yourself struggling with the Netgear WiFi extender orange light issue, perform factory default reset. Here are the steps that will help you restore your device to the factory default mode:
- Locate the Reset button on your wireless extender.
- Once found, carefully press it using a pointed object like an oil pin.
As soon as you are done resetting your extender, connect your WiFi-enabled device to the Netgear_ext network, and reconfigure your extender.
If none of the aforementioned fixes helped you get rid of the Netgear WiFi extender orange light issue, contact our technical experts and let them help you fix it. If you have any other queries related to the same issue, they’ll answer them too.