Netgear WiFi extender factory reset is a process that erases all the customized settings made on the device during the setup and restores it to the state when it was first purchased.
There could be various reasons why you must be looking to reset your Netgear extender. Perhaps, you are troubled with sluggish and laggy internet connectivity or have forgotten your Netgear extender login password, the reasons may vary from person to person. While doing Netgear WiFi extender factory reset could fix most issues, however you need to be sure of following the proper reset process.
There are two different ways you can use to get success with the Netgear WiFi extender factory reset process. Here they are:
Netgear WiFi Extender Factory Reset Using Mywifiext
If you want to reset your extender using the soft reset method then this process is going to help you. Before commencing the process, make sure your extender is connected to your device via Netgear_ext. Also, check if the device is properly connected to your already configured home WiFi router.
- Now start by opening a web browser on your device and try accessing the mywifiext setup wizard.
- This can be done by typing the default web address into the address field of the launched web browser and then entering the login details into their respective fields.
- Once you can see yourself on the dashboard of your extender, navigate to the settings section.
- Some extender models may demand you to head towards the Other Settings option as well.
- So, check the same to locate the Reset option.
- Once located, click on it and confirm your selection by choosing YES.
- Let your device set to its defaults, thus don’t interrupt the process.
- Netgear WiFi extender factory reset process may take a while to get completed, so be patient.
So, this was all about how you can factory reset your Netgear WiFi range extender using the hard reset method. Moving on, let’s make you acquainted with the process of Netgear range extender factory reset with the press of a button. Continue reading!
Netgear WiFi Extender Factory Reset Using Reset Button
The method comes into action when you want to want to take your device back to its factory default settings but either mywifiext.net not working for you or you are unable to log in to your Netgear extender.
To get success with the hard reset process of the Netgear WiFi extender below is the breakdown of various steps needed to be executed.
- Make sure your Netgear extender is plugged into a working wall socket and receiving sufficient power.
- Also, check if the power LED on your extender is glowing green.
- Now, check all the sides of your device to locate the physical Reset button. You are suggested to keep your eyes peeled because the location of the button may vary as per the model you own.
- Once located, press the button with the help of a pin-like device.
- This will reset your device to its factory defaults.
After executing the process, bear in mind to again perform Netgear extender setup to start using the internet on your devices.
This is all about how to do Netgear WiFi extender factory reset using various methods. Just in case you are still biting the bullets when it comes to resetting your Netgear extender back to its default settings, then our team of technical experts is on its toes to help you get all your Netgear extender issues fixed in no time. So, ask our seasoned professionals to get you rid of all your extender-related problems. This way, you will be able to make the most of your internet experience. Isn’t it interesting?