Are you working from home these days? Facing internet issues? Well, worry not! Doing Netgear Genie setup can save you from all the hassle. This guide is for users who own a Windows system and want to learn how to do Netgear Genie setup. In this write-up, each and every detail is given regarding configuring a Netgear extender in a flash using Windows PC. Let’s start!
Steps for Doing Netgear Genie Setup using Windows PC
Before you give the configuration process of your extender a run, there are certain things you need to take care of. For instance, disable firewall and ad-blocking applications installed on your Windows PC as they can sometimes create issues while doing Netgear Genie setup. Apart from that, assign your system a static IP to avoid any configuration-related issues. You are also suggested to keep your system free of any malicious content that can interrupt the process of your extender setup. Now, let’s give you a nudge on how to do Netgear Genie setup using your Windows PC.
Point to Note: No matter whether you own a Windows 7 or Windows 10 PC, the steps given here will work the same for all the Windows versions.
- Start by attaching the antennas of your extender in the correct manner.
- Once done, connect your home WiFi router to the extender with the help of an Ethernet cable. Although you can connect both the devices wirelessly also, however, to avoid any connectivity issues, consider establishing a wired connection.
- Next, power up your extender and wait until you see the LED lights on your device turn green.
- Now, open a web browser on your Windows PC and enter the mywifiext web address into the address bar.
Note: Make sure you use a web browser that is updated with the latest software version and is not messed up with the junk of browsing cache, cookies, and history.
- Just in case the default web address of the extender is not working for you, as an alternate, you can use the default IP 192.168.1.250 for getting success with the Netgear Genie setup process.
- After entering the web/IP address, as soon as you hit the Enter key on your Windows system, you will be taken to the login page of your extender.
- Reaching here, you need to enter the default username and password of your extender in the given fields.
- Once you are all done with filling the required credentials into their respective slots, hit the Log In option.
- This will lead you towards the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Thereafter, navigate to the settings of your extender and check for the availability of WiFi networks.
- From the list that appeared on your Windows PC, you are suggested to choose the name that matches the SSID of your home WiFi router.
- Now, you will be asked to follow certain prompts flashing on your Windows PC. Just follow all the prompts to complete the Netgear Genie setup process.
- After completing the overall process, you are free to take your extender to the area where you are getting slow or less WiFi signals in your home.
This way, you will get rid of the internet issues and will be able to give your best performance while working from home.
Isn’t it simple?
If, at any step, you feel that you are getting issues with the process of Netgear Genie setup using Windows PC, you can anytime get in touch with our seasoned experts for help. They will not only help you get success with the configuration of your WiFi extender but also give you some tips on how to make the most of your WiFi.