Want to set up a Netgear extender in your home network? Do you know that there is more than one method to get the task executed? You can do the Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS or via the WPS button. If you have a PC with you, then use the manual method that involves logging in using a web browser via mywifiext.net. If you have a smartphone and no PC then use the Nighthawk app on your phone to complete the setup process. In the event of unavailability of both PC and phone, you can use the third method that does not require any device to set the extender up. You simply need to press a button named WPS and the setup is done.
This very informative piece of write-up outlines all the ways using which you can set up your Netgear WiFi range extender.
How to Setup Netgear WiFi Extender?
As mentioned before, you have three options to set up your Netgear extender.
Figure 1: Netgear Extender Setup
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS Button
Setting up a Netgear extender via WPS buton is easy and quick. Here are the instructions:
- Turn on the Netgear extender by plugging its AC adapter into a power socket.
- Power up your router also.
- Push the button named WPS on the extender.
- Go ahead and gently push the WPS button on the host router.
- The Netgear extender is now set up using the WPS button.
Though setting up the extender through the WPS method is easy, at times users get stuck during the process. In such an event, it is better to go for the Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Without WPS
Extender Setup Through Web Browser
- Place the Netgear extender and the host router closer to one another.
- Turn both devices on.
- Form a connection between the extender and the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Take hold of your PC now.
- Fire up an internet web browser on it.
- Thereafter, type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Push Enter to proceed further.
- Input the necessary details and click on the Log In button.
- Once you access the Netgear extender setup page, continue following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS involving the web browser is completed. You can also use the default IP address of your extender which is 192.168.1.250 to access the setup page. Type this in the address bar instead of the web address.
Extender Setup Through Nighthawk App
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Go to App Store/Play Store and download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Launch the app once installed.
- Log in using the default login credentials.
- As soon as you land on the Netgear extender setup page, follow the on-screen prompts.
You are now aware of how to perform the Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS and with WPS. You can now access Netgear extender WiFi using its network name netgear_ext.
If you find trouble executing any step, take help from our expert team. They will provide you with personal assistance. You can also try the tips mentioned ahead in case you can not successfully carry on the Netgear extender setup process.
How to Avoid Netgear Extender Setup Issues?
- Enter the web address or the default IP address with zero typing mistakes.
- Use a PC that has an updated version of the operating system.
- The web browser that you have put to use to access the Netgear extender setup page should be updated and free of cache and cookies.
- Avoid typing the web address in the search bar.
- While you enter the username and password, ensure making correct entries in the correct fields.
- The Caps Lock key ought to be disabled before typing login credentials.
- The power supply to the Netgear extender should be fluctuation-free.
- Check the internet connection before you proceed to set up your extender. You need to have a reliable internet connection to complete the setup without any issues.
- Use a good Ethernet cable to connect the extender to the router.
The tips will help you easily carry out the Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS or with the WPS button. If you still get into any trouble, then reach out to experts. They are always on their toes to help users like you.