Netgear AC1900 EX7000 WiFi mesh extender helps you extend your WiFi to the extreme. The extender provides support for the 802.11ac networking standard. With the great mesh features such as one WiFi name and Smart Roaming, the Nighthawk EX7000 range extender is able to increase coverage up to 10,000 sq. ft. AS soon as you are done with the Netgear EX7000 setup, you will get greater WiFi speed, range, and connectivity you fancy for smartphones, iPads, laptops, and more.
Engineered with 700mW amplifiers, 1 GHz dual-core processor, and three high-power antennas, the extender delivers up to 1.9 Gbps speed. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 WiFi mesh extender works with your home WiFi and creates a powerful WiFi system, improving the existing network coverage. What’s more, the Nighthawk mesh extender comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports to let you connect up to 5 devices to your WiFi network.
Having said that, you would probably be wondering how to set up Netgear Nighthawk AC190 EX7000 WiFi extender, right? Well, wonder no more! Here, we will take you on a journey of the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 mesh setup. Fasten your seat belts and get, set, & go!
Netgear EX7000 Setup Modes
You can do the Netgear AC1900 setup for EX7000 WiFi extender in two modes. They are:
1. Extender Mode – When you perform the Netgear EX7000 setup in the Extender Mode, it boosts the range of your current wireless network by taking the incoming signals from your router.
2. Access Point Mode – In this mode, the extender utilizes a wired Ethernet connection and creates a new WiFi hotspot.
Netgear AC1900 EX7000 Setup in the Extender Mode
In order to use your Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 mesh extender as an Extender, walk through the following instructions:
- Get started with the Netgear AC1900 EX7000 setup by turning on your extender properly.
- Bear in mind that the extender is attaining fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Now, connect your PC or laptop to a reliable internet connection.
- Double-click on a web browser’s icon you like the most.
- Let a new browser window open.
- Visit mywifiext web login portal.
- Enter the user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Wait for some time until your extender searches for WiFi networks in your area and shows a list.
- After that, pick up a WiFi network you yearn for extending and hit Next.
- The next screen will ask you to enter the network password.
- Once done, click on the Next button.
- Create an SSID for the extended network and hit Next.
- Wait for the settings made by you to be applied.
- Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the new, extended network using the password you have set up.
- At last, click on the Continue button.
- A pop-up screen will show confirming that you have completed your Netgear EX7000 WiFi extender setup successfully.
Fab! Your Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 range extender has been installed.
Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Extender Setup in the AP Mode
In order to do the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 extender setup in the Access Point mode, follow the instructions given below:
1. Power on your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 mesh extender.
2. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your extender to the home WiFi router.
3. Turn on your WiFi router too (if not already).
4. Next, pull up a web browser on your computer.
5. Navigate to the default Netgear extender setup web page.
6. Choose the Access Point button.
7. Create a network name and password and set security settings for your network.
8. Once done, click on the Next button.
9. Let the settings customized by you be saved.
10. Connect your WiFi-supported devices (computer, smartphone, etc.) to the extended wireless network and hit Continue.
Thereafter, a message will pop up, saying that you have successfully performed the Netgear EX7000 setup as an access point.
So, these were the two methods to set up your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 WiFi mesh extender. In case you are struggling with any technical issue during the Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 WiFi range extender setup, feel free to reach out to our veteran experts anytime.