With the advancement of technology, a rise in cyber crimes has also been witnessed. And, one of the most common issues is WiFi stealing. If you are also a victim of the same, then we suggest you hide SSID of your WiFi network. This will not only protect your WiFi from potential threats but also allow you to enjoy speedier internet. In this guide, we have taken the example of the Netgear N300 extender for hiding SSID. While bear in mind that you can use any model of your choice because the steps to execute the process of hiding SSID are the same for almost all Netgear extender models. Let’s now get started with the process.
How to Hide SSID of N300 WiFi Extender?
Before you start, know that you need to first complete the new extender setup process, if not done yet. Now walk through the steps below and learn how to hide SSID of N300 WiFi extender:
- Plug your N300 extender into a wall socket.
- Turn on the Power button.
- Establish a stable connection between your N300 extender and WiFi router.
Note: You can connect your devices, either wirelessly or with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your PC.
- Launch an internet browser.
Quick Tip: You can choose between any web browser. However, make sure the one you would be choosing must be updated to the latest software version.
- Get access to the address bar of your internet browser and type 192.168.1.250 IP address.
- Done? Now, press the Enter key.
- You will then be taken to the login page of your N300 range extender.
Note: At times, it has been found that users face issues while accessing the login page of their extenders using the default IP. If you are also not able to land on the login page of your N300 extender, then consider using the default web address to get success with the process. However, make sure while typing the www mywifiext net N300 web address, you don’t commit any typing mistakes.
- When prompted, type in the default username and password of N300 extender to the given fields.
- Click Log In.
- Completion of this step will take you to the dashboard of your N300 extender.
- Reaching there, navigate to Settings > WiFi Settings.
- From here, uncheck the ‘Broadcast this Network Name (SSID)’ option.
- If your extender supports both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz radio bands, then uncheck the option for both.
- Hit Apply and let the changes made by you to the settings of your N300 extender come into effect.
This is how you can get success with the process of hiding the SSID of your N300 WiFi range extender. Just in case you get stuck at any step, have a nudge on the troubleshooting steps listed below:
Unable to Hide SSID of N300 Range Extender?
1. Check Power Supply
Make sure that your N300 extender is receiving a continuous power supply from its respective power outlet. If not, it is suggested that you plug your range extender into a different wall outlet.
2. Verify Cable Connections
If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect the N300 extender to your home WiFi router, then ensure that it is not damaged from any place.
3. Keep WiFi Interference Away
You won’t be able to hide SSID of your extender if your device is placed near appliances emitting radio waves. Thus, you are suggested to place your N300 far from Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, baby monitors, etc.
4. Cross-check Web Address and Login Details
If you have made some mistakes while entering the web address of your extender into the address field of your browser, then you will not be able to log in to your extender, resulting in being unable to hide SSID. Also, the wrong entree of username and password can get you into the mess of the issue you are struggling with for a long time.
Once you are done with following the aforementioned tips, try to hide SSID of your N300 extender and see if you can get success with the process or not.
Our step-by-step guide on how to hide SSID (Network name) of N300 extender has come to an end here. We anticipate that by following the instructions mentioned in this post, you will surely be able to hide the SSID of your range extender.
Just in case you are facing any issues while executing the process, feel free to reach out to our technical experts for quick help. Count on us, they have quick solutions to all your WiFi-related issues.