One WiFi name enables your Netgear EX2800 range extender to use the same WiFi network settings as your home router. If you want to make good use of this feature, you need to enable it. Wondering how to do that? Well, walk through this post and learn how to enable One WiFi name on your wireless device.
Before Getting Started
Take care of the following things before getting down to the process to enable One WiFi name on your wireless range extender:
- Your Netgear EX2800 WiFi range extender should not be kept anywhere near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, corners, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, concrete walls, aluminum studs, and utensils containing water.
- The distance between your extender and WiFi router should not be too much. Else, you might come across technical issues.
- You should have the default username and password of your extender with you.
Steps to Enable One WiFi Name on Netgear EX2800 Extender
Note: If this is the first time you are enabling the One WiFi Name feature, then it is advised that you run the Smart Setup.
- Click the Save button.
- In a few seconds, the changes that you have made to your Netgear EX2800 range extender will become effective.
With that, you will be able to enable One WiFi Name on your wireless extender. In case you get stuck at any point during the process, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experts.
If you would like to try to resolve the issue on your own, consider following the hacks mentioned below.
Can’t Enable One WiFi Name on Netgear Extender?
- Make sure that your Netgear EX2800 range extender is getting a fluctuation-free power supply from its electrical outlet.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your extender and the host router should not be worn out or damaged. In case it is, consider connecting your devices wirelessly.
- The connection between your WiFi devices ought to finger-tight.
- Whatever internet browser you are using, ensure that it is free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Do not enter the default web address in the search bar of your internet browser. Also, avoid typos while making use of the default web address.
- You can use the default IP address instead of the web address to access the mywifiext setup wizard.
As soon as you are done following these troubleshooting hacks, try to enable the One WiFi Name feature on your Netgear EX2800 range extender.
Contact Our Experts!
By any chance, you are still facing issues while trying to enable the One WiFi Name feature on your wireless extender; it is recommended that you get in touch with technical experts. They will be of some assistance to you.