Struggling with Netgear extender red light error? Tried even soft reset and hard reset but nothing fixed the issue? Oops! What to do now? First of all, don’t you panic! Here, we will walk you through various troubleshooting steps to fix the red light on your Netgear wireless range extender. Continue reading.
Why You Are Seeing Netgear Extender Red Power Light Error?
The red power light on your Netgear extender badly affects your device, ranging from losing WiFi connection to damaging your extender. So, it is better to know the proper reason behind the Netgear WiFi extender red power light issue first and then find the easiest fix accordingly.
Here’s a list of the most common reasons why you are seeing the red LED on Netgear WiFi extender:
- Place the Netgear extender in a non-ventilated area.
- The extender is receiving WiFi interference from metal objects, electronic gadgets, reflexive surfaces, and water resources.
- Partial or incomplete Netgear extender setup can also lead you to the red light issue.
- In the event that there are too many devices connected to your router, the extender will find it hard to connect to your router. And ultimately, you see the Netgear extender red light.
- An issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider will also result in the red LED issue on your extender.
- An obsolete firmware version on your WiFi range extender will lead you to a red light.
- On the off chance if the internet connection is lost or power outage during the extender installation process, you will find your extender showing red light.
So, now you know the reason why you are seeing the Netgear extender red light error. Let’s dive in to find its ultimate solution.
Solved: Netgear Range Extender Red Light Issue
Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- Check the place where your Netgear extender is kept. The place for your extender should be neat and tidy.
- Keep your extender far away from electronic gadgets, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and water resources.
- Check the electric outlet you are using to plug in your Netgear range extender. It must be damaged-proof.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender. Disconnect the extender from the electrical socket and then reconnect it after a few minutes.
- Update your extender’s firmware on a regular basis to prevent your Netgear extender from flashing red light.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
Still seeing the Netgear Wifi extender red light error? If yes, enabling the FastLane technology on your extender may help you out. Here are the instructions to get the job done:
- Power on your computer and open your preferred web browser.
- Access www.mywifiext.net and log in to your extender using the admin user ID and password.
- From your extender’s dashboard, go to the WiFi Settings section.
- Select the Enable FastLane option.
- Choose the bandwidth to allocate ‘device to extender’ and ‘router to extender’.
- Once done, click on the Save button.
This way, you can enable FastLane technology on your Netgear wireless range extender.
In case the Netgear extender red light error is still troubling you, let our highly-experienced technicians know. They will fix the issue for you within minutes.