Many users have turned their attention to T Mobile 5G internet. While cable internet is dependent on wired connections, T-MOBILE HOME INTERNET is known to use the power of 5G in order to provide a reliable connectivity in places where wires cannot reach. To explain this further, the 5G network is built on a series of cell sites that usually use radio waves in order to send as well as receive data.
You are allowed to access the internet wirelessly once your gateway converts the nearest 5G signal into WiFi. Those who are already using T Mobile 5G internet have recently gotten in the mood of expanding its range. How? Well, it is possible by securely connecting T Mobile 5G to the Netgear wireless range extender.
FYI, you can connect T Mobile 5G to the extender of any brand. Just because we have taken the example of Netgear extender does not mean you are restricted to do the same.
In this blog post, we have shed light on how you can expand T MOBILE COVERAGE by connecting it to the extender. This guide has been divided into three parts:
1st Part: How to Setup T Mobile 5G Internet?
- The first and foremost thing that you need to do is, download the T-Mobile Internet mobile app on your mobile device and create a T MOBILE ACCOUNT.
- Once done, find the perfect location for your gateway. Make sure that it is kept near a window where signal strength is the strongest.
- Along with this, keep the gateway in an open space away from walls, metal fixtures, cabinets, pipes, baby monitors, and microwave ovens.
- Grab a power cable. Plug one end of the USB Type-C power cable to the electrical socket and another to the power port of the gateway.
- See to it that the USB Type-C power cable is supporting 100-240V AC adapter, 3A of current at DC 15V, and at last, 50-60Hz frequency.
- Once the gateway is connected to the power source, the LED will soon display an animated T-Mobile logo. This is a sign that the gateway is starting up.
- Create a connection between the client devices and the network with the help of the SSID as well as the password. You will find them on the rear panel.
- On the device which you are using, access 192.168.12.1 and do T MOBILE LOGIN. You will soon come across the dashboard. You will the connection status there.
2nd Part: How to Setup Netgear Extender as Access Point?
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear wireless range extender, the model that you own to the LAN port at the back of the host router.
- Once done, locate a wall socket, and plug the extender into it. Soon the power LED will become solid. In case it does not, you may press the power button.
- Go to your client device and connect it to the network name or the SSID of the Netgear extender. For your information, the network name is Netgear_ext.
- Open an internet browser and visit mywifiext.net. Soon the New Extender Setup page will come into view. To create MyNetgear account, complete the fields.
- As soon as you are doing so, tap the Next button. Now, you will be asked to select an installation type by the Installation Assistant. Click the Access Point button.
- Go through the remaining prompts in order to finish setting up your Netgear wireless range extender as an access point.
3rd Part: How to Connect T Mobile 5G to Netgear Extender?
Now that you have set up T Mobile 5G gateway and extender via mywifiext.net, the third part requires you to create a secure connection between the T Mobile 5G and the Netgear wireless range extender. However, before you do so, it is recommended that you first connect the T Mobile 5G to the host router in your house.
This ends the guide written on how to establish a strong connection between the T Mobile 5G gateway and the Netgear wireless range extender. We are expecting that you will be able to do so with ease once you have read the information presented above.
By any chance, if you are unable to complete one part, i.e. setting up the extender as an access point via the mywifiext.net web address, then it is because you are using MAC. You can use the mywifiext.local web address in this case.
Are you interested in knowing about this web address? In that case, it is recommended you go through the information given in the product manual of your device for the same. There, you will find every bit of detail about your Netgear extender, starting from the setup process, the specifications of the extender, process to change the admin login password, and much more.