Is your extender’s Netgear_ext SSID not appearing on the network list? Did you try every possible troubleshooting tip to get rid of the issue, but nothing worked in your favor? Well, that’s probably because you didn’t try the right ones. But, worry not! The tips that we’ve mentioned in this post will surely help you see your Netgear extender’s network name on the list. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Why is Netgear_Ext Not Showing on Network List?
There can be endless reasons why you’re facing the ‘Netgear_ext not showing on network list’ issue. Some of them are as follows:
- Your internet connection is working at a turtle’s pace.
- You haven’t performed mywifiext.net setup properly.
- The firmware of your Netgear range extender is not updated.
- The distance between your extender and the router is too much.
- You haven’t enabled the network connection.
Considering now you’re aware of the reasons why your extender’s Netgear_ext SSID is not showing on network list, walk through the tips mentioned below to fix the issue. In case you want to skip the reading part and get an instant solution to the issue you’re facing with your device, get in touch with our experts.
Fixed: Netgear_Ext Not Showing on Network List
Reduce the Distance Between WiFi Devices
Start by checking the distance between your Netgear WiFi range extender and the home router. Is it too much? If the answer is yes, then now you know at what point you went wrong.
But, fret not! To get rid of the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue, reduce the distance between your WiFi devices. Make sure that your extender is in the range of your WiFi router. Apart from that, ensure that the connection between your devices is strong.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
As we mentioned above, an outdated firmware can also be the reason why you aren’t able to see your extender’s Netgear_ext SSID on the network list. Therefore, without wasting any more time, update the firmware of your extender right away!
Here are the guidelines you should follow to update the firmware of your WiFi device:
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser on it.
- Access www.mywifiext.net.
- Hit Enter.
- Fill in the default admin details.
- Click Log In.
- Once logged in, go to Settings.
- Click Administration and select Firmware Update.
Once you are done updating the firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender, check whether Netgear_ext is appearing on the network list or not. Still no luck?
Enable Network Connection
Enabling the network connection can also help you fix the issue you’re currently experiencing with your Netgear WiFi range extender. In order to enable the network connection, follow the below-outlined steps:
- Open the Network Adapter Settings option.
- Right-click on the SSID (network name) you want to use.
- Next, click the Enable option.
In this manner, you’ll be able to eliminate at least one reason why your extender’s network name isn’t appearing on the list.
Configure Your Extender Properly
If nothing has worked for you so far, then it’s probably because you messed up while setting up your Netgear extender via mywifiext.net. Thus, install your WiFi device properly and keep the following points in mind while doing so:
- All the cable connections should be finger-tight.
- Whatever web browser you use to log in to your Netgear extender, ensure that you’ve updated it beforehand.
- Avoid making mistakes while entering the default login credentials. If you are not sure of the default username and password of your device, contact us!
Here’s to hope that the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post helped you get rid of the ‘Netgear_ext not showing on network list’ issue. On the off chance, you’re stuck with the same, our experts are available for you 24/7.