Netgear extenders are one of the top wireless networking devices that you can use to access a blazing-fast internet connection in every corner of your house. However, many users have reported that they face certain technical issues with their WiFi devices, out of which Netgear authentication error is at the top of the list.
Are you experiencing the same issue? Well, that might be because the password you’ve typed to connect to your extender’s network is wrong. But, fret not! Our well-versed experts can help you out here! So, continue reading this post to learn how to get rid of the Netgear authentication error in less than 2 minutes.
Netgear Authentication Error Solved
Power Cycle Your Extender
Sometimes, technical glitches can force you to face issues like the one you’re currently facing. Therefore, we recommend you power cycle your Netgear WiFi range extender. Doing so might work for you.
Here are the steps you need to follow to power cycle your Netgear WiFi device:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled devices connected to your range extender.
- Unplug the extender from the wall socket and power it off.
- Let your WiFi device have rest for some time.
- Then, plug your extender back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
Now, check whether you’re able to fix the Netgear authentication error or not. If not, then do not stop reading.
Change the Password
As mentioned above, entering the wrong password can lead you to the Netgear authentication error. To troubleshoot the issue, it is advised that you change the password of your WiFi range extender. Wondering how to do that? Well, follow the instructions mentioned below and know how:
- Open an updated internet browser on your computer.
- Type mywifiext net in the address bar and press Enter.
- The Netgear extender login page will prompt you to fill in the default admin details.
- Once you are done entering the default login credentials, hit Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Under the Password option, enter the new password you want your extender to have.
- Click the Apply button and let your changes get saved.
Facing issues while trying to change the password of your Netgear WiFi range extender? Well, waste no time to get in touch with our technicians.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
If your WiFi extender is running on an older version of firmware, then also you can come across the Netgear authentication error. Thus, update the firmware of your device to the latest version right away!
Go through the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update your extender’s firmware:
- Open a new tab in your web browser and log into your device using mywifiext.
- Head over to the Advanced option and select Administration.
- Look for the Firmware Update option. Once found, click on it and follow the on-screen prompts to finish updating your device.
In this manner, you can easily update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Note: You can also use the 192.168.1.250 default IP to update the firmware of your device.
These were a few ways through which you can troubleshoot the Netgear authentication error in a hassle-free manner. However, once you are done fixing the authentication issue, you need to reconnect your WiFi range extender so that you can enjoy a seamless internet connection.
This was all about how to resolve the Netgear authentication error. Here’s to hope that we helped you get rid of the issue you were facing with your WiFi extender. On the off chance if the issue persists, feel free to reach out to our experts for instant help!